Online Social Work Programs in Washington
Eastern Washington University
Eastern Washington University hosts several social work programs, including a hybrid master's in social work (MSW) degree with the majority of classes offered online. On-campus instruction occurs three weekends per quarter at the Riverpoint Campus in Spokane.
EWU's School of Social Work offers the same hybrid courses at EWU's Everett and Vancouver locations. Applicants may qualify for EWU's advanced standing hybrid program if they earned a bachelor's in social work no more than seven years ago.
EWU's School of Social Work teaches leadership, policy making, and research skills. Its programs place high value on effective change at the individual, family, and community levels. EWU boasts a commitment to educating first-generation college students and students from underserved communities.
EWU's Online Master of Social Work
- Concentrations: EWU's master of social work program does not include concentrations. Instead, EWU offers several certificates, including addiction studies, in place of concentration options. Certificates typically require 12 credits for completion.
- Credits and Courses: The MSW requires 90 credit hours to complete, including 16 elective credits. Students typically take six to nine credits per quarter. This program consists of both foundational and advanced generalist practice courses.
- Completion Time: Learners can finish the hybrid MSW in three years. Students in the advanced standing cohort complete the degree in six quarters in addition to a two-week seminar orientation.
- Field Education: Students complete 952 hours of field experience and 80 hours of integrative seminar sequenced throughout the program. EWU places students in a social service agency or other organization related to the welfare of clients throughout Washington.
- Transfer Policies: Transfer students from another CSWE-accredited master's program must contact the department for a formal evaluation of previous coursework.
- Cost: $425/credit with an additional fee of $280/quarter.
- Admission Requirements: Learners need a bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA from an accredited college or university. Students applying for advanced standing need a bachelor's in social work and a minimum 3.5 GPA. Admissions does not require GMAT scores. Students need three credit hours of introductory statistics or a plan for fulfilling this requirement.
Eastern Washington University is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). Eastern Washington University's online social work programs are CSWE-accredited.