Online Social Work Programs in Maryland
Located in Salisbury, Maryland, SU's School of Social Work began in 1974. Today, the department offers a dual-degree program with the University of Maryland Eastern Shore, satellite programs in California and Maryland, and an online master of social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
SU's School of Social Work provides student-centered cohort learning for degree candidates entering graduate social work programs in Maryland. The social work department also supports the profession's core values, including human rights and social justice.
SU's Online Master of Social Work Degree
- Concentrations: The program offers an advanced direct practice specialization.
- Credits and Courses: 62 credits or 32 credits with advanced standing.
- Completion Time: Three years or 17 months with advanced standing. Learners begin the program in the fall in a 20-student cohort model.
- Field Education: Distance learners must work with the online field director to secure field placement.
- Other Requirements: Students must complete a mandatory online orientation by mid-August.
- Exam Preparation: SU offers exam study guides for purchase.
- Transfer Policies: Transfer students must hold 24 or more transferable credits and a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Online Student Support: Services for distance learners include library resources, technical support, and access to academic advisors.
- Cost: $765/credit regardless of residency.
- Admission Requirements: Current full-time residents of Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, the District of Columbia, or Pennsylvania with a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university or a minimum of 24 credit hours. SU does not require GRE or MAT scores.
Salisbury University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). Salisbury University's online social work programs are CSWE-accredited.