Online Social Work Programs in Wisconsin
Concordia University - Wisconsin
Rooted in Lutheran values, Concordia University-Wisconsin opened its doors in 1881. Based out of a 200-acre main campus beside Lake Michigan, CUW's social work school offers more than 70 programs. The college also offers online learning and off-campus sites in Milwaukee, Madison, Mequon, Milwaukee midtown, Kenosha, Waukesha, Appleton, Beloit, and Green Bay.
Earning this master's in social work in Wisconsin allows graduates to work as family social workers, mental health managers, and community service managers. Learners can attend school on a full- or part-time basis. The program provides the option to earn an interprofessional educational training certificate or gain specialized skills with an advanced generalist specialization.
Concordia's Online's Master of Social Work:
- Concentrations: The program offers an advanced generalist specialization. The well-rounded curriculum benefits students interested in social work leadership positions, especially in rural areas.
- Credits and Courses: Regular standing students who do not hold a bachelor of social work degree from a CSWE-accredited program must take 66 credits to graduate. Advanced standing students must complete 39 credits.
- Completion Time: When students attend class on a full-time basis, they can expect to graduate in two years. Students with advanced standing status can graduate by earning 39 credits in one year. Part-time advanced standing students may only take two years to graduate, and regular standing part-time students may take up to four years to earn a master's in social work.
- Field Education: The program requires 900 field hours. Students complete 450 hours in their first year and 450 hours in the specialization year of the program.
- Exam Preparation: Program graduates can become a certified advanced practice social worker (CAPSW), a certified independent social worker (CISW), or a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW).
- Transfer Policies: Students may transfer up to six credits toward their online social work master’s degree.
- Online Student Support: Learners can submit their papers digitally to the CUW's Online Writing Lab to receive writing assistance.
- Cost: $652/credit
- Admission Requirements: Candidates should have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Applicants with less than a 3.0 GPA may receive conditional admittance. CUW does not require GRE scores. Learners must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college. Students with a bachelor's degree in social work (earned no more than seven years prior) from a CSWE-accredited program and at least a 3.5 GPA may apply to receive advanced standing status.
Concordia University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). The Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) Commission on Accreditation (COA) provides accreditation for Concordia's master of social work degree.