Online Social Work Programs in Washington, DC
Catholic University of America
Catholic University of America is a major research college that enrolls almost 6,000 students. The college offers programs delivered by 12 schools, including the National Catholic School of Social Service. The unit has worked for more than 100 years to improve the lives of the marginalized and impoverished, partnering with organizations such as the National Institutes of Health to advance advocacy and social policy change. Faculty research focuses on areas such as homelessness, mental health, clinical social work, trauma, and gerontology.
Catholic University of America, one of the best social work schools in Washington, D.C., and it offers a CSWE-accredited bachelor's and master's in social work. MSW graduates may also pursue a Ph.D. at Catholic University of America, which offers one of the nation's oldest doctoral programs in social work.
Catholic University of America's Master of Social Work
- Concentrations: The MSW offers clinical and social change concentrations.
- Credits and Courses: The regular program comprises 60 credits, while the advanced standing option includes 30 credits. Faculty members deliver this MSW asynchronously in small classes usually capped at 25 students.
- Completion Time: Full-time students can complete the online MSW in two years. Students may also opt for a part-time schedule that allows them to finish their degree in four years. Advanced standing students can complete the program in as little as a year of full-time study.
- Field Education: Students must complete 1080 hours, including internships at two different agencies over two academic years. The Field Education Office helps MSW students find placement at an internship site.
- Exam Preparation: This MSW prepares learners for the licensed graduate social work exam.
- Transfer Policies: A student may transfer up to six credits with a minimum "B" grade from a CSWE-accredited MSW.
- Cost: $940/credit
- Admission Requirements: Admission requires a minimum 3.0 GPA with the GRE or MAT required for lower GPA scores. An advanced standing applicant must hold a BSW with a minimum cumulative average 3.2 GPA.
Catholic University of America is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). Catholic University of America's social work programs are CSWE-accredited.