Online Social Work Programs in South Carolina
Founded in 1845 as South Carolina's first women's college, Limestone College hosts a main campus in Gaffney and evening programs at six additional locations. A Christian institution and one of the top schools in South Carolina for social work, Limestone offers an online bachelor of social work and a hybrid social work degree.
Students can pick from 25 other online degrees at Limestone, including associate degrees. Distance learning programs at Limestone run on an accelerated format, allowing students to earn as many as 36 credits in one year. Classes consist of eight-week terms with six terms offered every year.
Limestone College's Online Master of Social Work
- Credits and Courses: Students need 123 credit hours to graduate. The program requires 15 major courses, including a practicum. Classes run on eight-week terms, with students typically taking two classes per term.
- Completion Time: Full-time students can complete the bachelor of social work in less than four years.
- Field Education: Students must complete 400 supervised hours as an intern at a social service agency.
- Exam Preparation: This program prepares students for the CSWE licensing exam.
- Transfer Policies: Students can transfer up to 90 credits from an accredited four-year college and 66 credits from a two-year college toward their bachelor's degree.
- Online Student Support: Online students can use the A.J. Eastwood Library's online resources to find journal articles and ebooks. The college also offers the Online Writing Lab (OWL), where students can get assistance with writing papers.
- Cost: $1,323/per course
- Admission Requirements: Transfer students need a minimum of a 2.0 GPA, and freshman applicants must submit SAT or ACT scores and plus transcripts.
Limestone College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Limestone College's online social work programs are CSWE-accredited.