Online Social Work Programs in Oregon
Portland State University
Portland State University's School of Social Work (SSW) has partnered with Oregon's communities for more than 50 years. SSW offers the oldest master of social work in Oregon, and the only accredited online MSW in the Pacific Northwest. The school is renowned for its community-engaged faculty in an environment that promotes collaborative learning and rich research opportunities. MSW students have access to nationally recognized training and research centers, such as the Center for Improvement of Child and Family Services, Regional Research Institute for Human Services, and Center for Interdisciplinary Mentoring Research.
Portland State University's Online Master of Social Work
- Concentrations: This top master's of social work in Oregon offers concentrations in health across the lifespan, in addition to practice and leadership with communities and organizations.
- Credits and Courses: Each student must take 78 credits, 6-9 credits per term. Faculty members deliver 90% of the MSW's 11-week classes online, but students must come to the campus in Oregon for an annual two-day seminar. The program requires online class meetings, discussions, and team assignments. Students complete the program's courses in sequence.
- Completion Time: Students begin the program in the fall and complete the program on a part-time basis in three years.
- Field Education: Each student can complete 16 hours of field experience per week during years two and three.
- Exam Preparation: The MSW prepares students for the licensed master of social work or clinical social work associate exams.
- Transfer Policies: A student may transfer up to 36 credits into the MSW program.
- Online Student Support: The program offers weekly face-to-face virtual meetings with faculty for support and to build community.
- Cost: $469/credit in-state; $685/credit out-of-state.
- Admission Requirements: Each student must achieve a minimum 2.75 GPA for admission consideration.
Portland State University is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). Portland State University's online social work programs are CSWE-accredited.