Online Social Work Programs in New Jersey
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Offering some of the only accredited social work programs in New Jersey, the Rutgers University School of Social Work maintains a wide range of offerings: bachelor's, master's, and doctorate programs in social work in addition to a Ph.D. in social work. As of June 2019, the master's program was the only one that the school offered online.
The school's programs align with CSWE competencies, and the program's mission statement includes the following goals: empowering and serving individuals, groups, and families in New Jersey and beyond and advancing evidence-based master's level social work practice in a way that promotes social and economic justice.
Rutgers University Online Master of Social Work in Clinical Social Work
- Credits and Courses: The program's curriculum consists of 18 courses, or 60 credits. Rutgers delivers all of the program's coursework asynchronously.
- Completion Time: A full-time student can usually finish the program in two years. Completion times vary widely for part-time students, depending on how many courses they take per term.
- Field Education: Each enrollee must complete a seven-part field education practicum at an arranged placement site in their community.
- Transfer Policies: An applicant may transfer up to 24 credits from another CSWE-accredited master's program when they enroll at Rutgers.
- Online Student Support: Online students at Rutgers benefit from access to various massive open online courses, online training opportunities, and access to the college's 24/7 help desk and new media center. Rutgers also hosts an annual online learning conference.
- Cost: $900/credit
- Admission Requirements: Each candidate must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum 3.0 GPA. No GRE or MAT scores are required.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey's online social work programs are CSWE-accredited.