Online Social Work Programs in New Hampshire
University of New Hampshire
Based in Durham, the University of New Hampshire's School of Social Work offers both bachelor's and master's programs in the field. The school currently offers its bachelor's program on campus and the master's program both online and on campus. The department's programs use the EPAS 4.0 Explicit Curriculum, with a large percentage of online students achieving the advanced generalist benchmark. The department stands out for its anti-racism statement, which affirms and resolves a public position against racism.
UNH Online's Master of Social Work
- Credits and Courses: Each student must complete 62 credits over the course of 20 classes before graduating.
- Completion Time: A full-time student can typically complete the program in 28 months. UNH does not list completion times for part-time students. The university delivers all of the program's coursework asynchronously.
- Field Education: The curriculum includes a four-part field internship at a placement site in each student's nearby community. Each enrollee can also complete an integrative seminar course during this internship.
- Other Requirements: The curriculum also includes a three-part practice course that includes practice in small groups and community organizations, clinical assessment and intervention, and community and administrative practice.
- Online Student Support: Online students at UNH receive access to student success coaches, academic advising, an online writing lab, library services, and UNH's Career and Professional Success (CaPS) department.
- Cost: $770/credit in-state; $845/credit out-of-state.
- Admission Requirements: Each applicant must possess a "broad liberal arts" bachelor's degree, and submit evidence of significant volunteer experience, three letters of recommendation, essays, and a resume. No GRE or MAT scores are required.
The University of New Hampshire is regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). The University of New Hampshire's online social work programs are CSWE-accredited.