Online Social Work Programs in Nebraska
University of Nebraska Kearney
As one school in a four-college system, the University of Nebraska Kearney offers affordable education and a robust virtual college. UNK's Department of Social Work offers a social work comprehensive bachelor of science (BSSW). The department does not offer a graduate degree, but instead provides students with courses that count toward a master of social work foundation program at the University of Nebraska Omaha. Students who complete the BSSW classify as advanced standing students when they pursue a master's degree at schools around the country, earning the degree faster and more affordably.
University of Nebraska Kearney Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- Credits and Courses: Each student can earn 120 credits, delivered asynchronously online. The social work major requires 48 credits, including electives addressing specific social work areas such as child abuse and neglect, aging services, and school social work.
- Completion Time: Full-time students can finish the online BSSW in four years. Learners with transferable credit can do so in two years, depending on the number of credits transferred.
- Field Education: Each student must complete 400 hours in a field experience with three components: a 200-hour field placement at an agency, a 200-hour field placement at a second agency, and a senior social work seminar that gives students classroom experience.
- Transfer Policies: UNK accepts a maximum of 66 credits from a student who attended a two-year junior or community college. Applicants must earn a minimum "C" grade on transferable credit from institutions outside of the University of Nebraska system.
- Cost: $255/credit in-state; $387/credit out-of-state
- Admission Requirements: Each student must complete all institutional requirements with a minimum 2.5 GPA before admittance to this social work degree in Nebraska.
The University of Nebraska Kearney is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The University of Nebraska Kearney's online social work programs are CSWE-accredited.