Online Social Work Programs in Missouri
University of Missouri
For 90 years, the School of Social Work at the University of Missouri has offered social work education at the state's flagship college. Faculty actively engage in the acquisition, dissemination, and application of knowledge in areas such as homelessness, gerontology, health disparities, school-based interventions, and the mental health needs of vulnerable populations. The school offers baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral degrees in social work. The School of Social Work offers one of the best social work programs in Missouri in a fully online format for local students and those in neighboring states.
University of Missouri's Master of Social Work
- Concentrations: The MSW offers concentrations in advanced clinical practice or policy planning and administration in human services.
- Credits and Courses: Each regular standing student must complete 60 credits, while an advanced standing student completes 39 credits. Students engage with the program asynchronously online, with no required on-campus visits.
- Completion Time: A regular standing student can finish the online MSW in three years, while each advanced standing student with a CSWE-accredited BSW can complete the program in as little as two years. A student typically completes two classes each term, making this a part-time program.
- Field Education: An enrollee must complete a total of 1080 hours, the first of two practicums (400 hours) at an agency in Missouri or one of the contiguous states in which students must reside to enroll in this program. Each learner can complete the final practicum (680 hours) Monday through Friday during normal hours at an agency in or outside of the region. MSW students have access to a database of more than 300 locations that offer potential placement sites.
- Exam Preparation: This program prepares students for the ASWB exam.
- Cost: $368/credit.
- Admission Requirements: Each applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of their undergraduate education. The MSW only accepts online applicants from Missouri, Arkansas, Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Kentucky.
The University of Missouri is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The University of Missouri's social work programs are CSWE-accredited.