Online Social Work Programs in Georgia
Albany State University
Providing the only online option for students interested in Georgia social work degrees, the historically black Albany State University's Department of Social Work offers a bachelor of social work that students can complete either on campus or through blended learning. The department does not list much about its history on its website but offers the only partially online social work program in the entire state. The department features opportunities for dual majors, provided that students clear their planned coursework with the department chair.
Albany State University Bachelor of Social Work
- Credits and Courses: Each student must complete 123 credits before graduating. Enrollees can complete the core curriculum, 42-44 credits, online but must complete all upper-level requirements through on-campus coursework.
- Completion Time: Like most other bachelor's degrees, the program usually takes four years of full-time study to complete.
- Field Education: The program's curriculum includes a field instruction course and an accompanying integrative seminar.
- Exam Preparation: The program prepares students to take the ACAT examination before graduating.
- Transfer Policies: A transfer applicant must have earned at least 30 college credits with a minimum 2.0 GPA for consideration. Otherwise, they must apply as freshman students.
- Online Student Support: Online students at Albany State University receive access to library services and an online writing center.
- Cost: $188/credit
- Admission Requirements: Each applicant must earn a high school GPA of at least 2.0 and submit ACT or SAT scores.
Albany State University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Albany State University's online social work programs are CSWE-accredited.