Online Social Work Programs in Arizona
Northern Arizona University
Northern Arizona University offers programs through eight colleges at its main Flagstaff campus, along with 20 other campuses statewide and online. NAU stands as a leader in distance education in the state, and it offers some of the lowest tuition rates in Arizona.
The Department of Social Work offers programs addressing the needs of rural and indigenous populations in the Southwest. Faculty address issues such as poverty and oppression, and help social workers learn to promote human rights and social and economic justice. The Department of Social Work's bachelor of social work and master of social work programs are both delivered online.
Northern Arizona University's Bachelor of Social Work
- Credits and Courses: 120 units. Students complete 75 units in the social work major.
- Completion Time: Freshmen complete this BSW, one of the best social work programs in Arizona, in four years. Transfer students may complete the degree in as little as two years by transferring an associate degree.
- Field Education: Students complete a total of 480 hours in an organizational setting. Learners may complete concurrent field placements at 18 hours a week, totalling 240 hours per semester, at an organization over two semesters. Alternately, they may spend at least 35 hours a week during a block placement that lasts 15 weeks and totals 480 hours.
- Exam Preparation: The BSW prepares students for licensed generalist social worker practice in many states.
- Transfer Policies: The school accepts transfer credits with a minimum 2.0 GPA from regionally accredited institutions. NAU accepts associate degrees with a minimum 2.0 GPA to meet the school's general education requirements.
- Online Student Support: Students enjoy access to online tutoring, plus full library access and 24/7 tech support.
- Cost: $425/per credit.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
Northern Arizona University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Northern Arizona University's social work programs are CSWE-accredited.
Arizona State University - Tempe
Arizona State University lauds more than 25 programs ranked in the top 25 in the United States. Each year the school graduates about 20,000 students — the next generation of leaders in various disciplines. ASU offers a robust catalog of online degrees through ASU Online.
ASU's School of Social Work is one of the world's largest. The school's faculty boast expertise in areas such as child welfare, community practice, global social work, and health and behavioral health. Social work programs reflect how faculty address the needs of diverse populations in the Southwest. The school offers a bachelor's, master's, and Ph.D. in social work. Students can pursue Arizona State University's social work graduate program from anywhere in the nation.
ASU Online's Master of Social Work
- Credits and Courses: 60 credits. Faculty deliver 20 classes in 7.5-week sessions. In addition to courses and field experience, online students must prepare an applied portfolio project that closely ties into their internship.
- Completion Time: Full-time students finish the online MSW in two years.
- Field Education: 960 hours. Students complete the 960 hours at two distinct internship sites. The school of social work's field education office works with learners to secure sites that meet CSWE standards within their geographic region.
- Exam Preparation: This program prepares students for the ASWB exam.
- Online Student Support: Students enjoy online support including real-time online tutoring, online writing center workshops, academic skills workshops, and 24/7 tech support.
- Cost: $809/per credit.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a minimum 3.2 GPA or submit the GRE or MAT to supplement lower GPA scores. They must also demonstrate at least 240 hours of volunteer or work experience in social services in the last five years.
Arizona State University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Arizona State University's social work programs are CSWE-accredited.